2018 MSDA Membership
2018 Membership Renewal Now Available.|
If you were a MSDA Member in 2017 Renew Now
If you are new to MSDA or were not a member in 2017
If you have questions regarding membership, please contact us at email@example.com or call us
MSDA bylaws - Last Updated September 2004
Benefits of MSDA Membership include:
- Any person regularly engaged or employed as a securities trader in the investment, security, or banking
business for a period of at least one week within Minnesota shall be eligible for regular membership.
- A trader shall be defined as one who regularly makes commitments for or executes orders in securities
on behalf of his firm with other dealers, brokers, and/or institutions
- Membership will stay with an individual unless the individual leaves the industry. In the event
a paid member leaves the industry, the company that paid for the membership can re-assign that
membership to a new individual for the rest of that calendar year.
- Retired Members
An individual who previously was actively engaged or employed as a securities
trader in the investment, security, or banking business in Minnesota, in good standing
as a past MSDA member and then retire from the working world can request a retired MSDA
Membership. Retired MSDA Memberships are complimentary.
If an individual retires and then goes back to work full time their Retired Membership will end.
These retired members do not have to preside in Minnesota after retirement. They are afforded
registration to events but do not have any voting rights. They are not required to register
for membership every year.
Former Members Actively Looking for Work
MSDA will provide former paid in good standing MSDA members, who have lost their job
the opportunity to have a one-year complimentary membership in MSDA until they return to
a full time position.
Complimentary membership is only for individual pursing employment as a securities
trader in the investment, security, or banking business in Minnesota and don't have another full time job.
When they return to employment their complimentary membership will end and they can request a paid
membership in MSDA.
Please note that you must register and pay for MSDA membership before March 1st in order
to be considered an active member and to take part in any yearly events including the
- The opportunity to network and share information with peers and individuals influential in
the Minnesota Security Dealers market
- Complimentary attendance to all MSDA planned events in 2018
- Automatic membership in the Security Traders Association
- Exclusive information on industry & market trends